This diet is making me feel crazy. I seriously don’t know how anyone has succeeded. They probably didn’t and just killed all the witnesses because that’s what I feel like doing. I feel totally unstable. Today was spent either in depression or anger. I didn’t realize how much of my joy in life came from eating. Every time I see someone eating something delicious I want to send them to eternal damnation. Can’t you see I’m no a diet you heathen?! No wonder I never went on diets growing up. Even though this one is supposed to help me in the long run I’m afraid I might die in the battle before the war is over. I feel weak, frail, and hungry. That reminds me, I’ve been meaning to send money to those Ethiopian children. I’m still eating and feel starving I can’t imagine what starving without eating feels like. Oh no I’m not going to go into perspective I just want to complain. Damn starvation.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can corn
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 dash salt (it says dash, don’t make my mistake)
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (I of course didn’t get to add any cheese)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (luckily I hate sour cream)
(if you like more spice add a dash of paprika and cayenne powder)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and saute the onion, green bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and garlic until tender. Stir in the turkey, and cook until evenly brown. Drain, and mix in tomatoes, corns, beans, and pumpkin. Season with chili powder, other spices you like pepper, and salt. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes. Serve topped with Cheddar cheese and sour cream.
For those lucky enough to enjoy cornbread here is the recipe I usually use.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease an 8 inch square pan.
- Melt butter in large skillet. Remove from heat and stir in sugar. Quickly add eggs and beat until well blended. Combine buttermilk with baking soda and stir into mixture in pan. Stir in cornmeal, flour, and salt until well blended and few lumps remain. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Enjoy…. and by that I mean I hope you choke.
|follow the leader|